Federally Mandated Reporting/Disclosure Form
Program Title & Description
Animal Welfare Assurance – Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW)
Who is Responsible for Reporting?
Where is Report Physically Located?
What Should be Reported?
- Applicability of Assurance
- Institutional Commitment
- Institutional Program for Animal Care & Use
- Institutional Program Evaluation & Accreditation
- Recordkeeping & Reporting Requirements
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee Membership
- Facility & Species Inventory
- Institutional Endorsement
When Should it be Reported?
At OLAW’s specified period of time (no longer than 5 years)
Next expiration date: December 31, 2019
Where is it to be Reported?
Why Should it be Reported?
To comply with the PHS policies on the humane care and use of laboratory animals and to sustain eligibility to receive PHS funding
How is it Reported?
By mail, using sample assurance guidance from OLAW’s website
If Notification is Required, How is it Reported?